Monday, 6 August 2012

What i use on my face | Base


I've spent far too much time over the past year or two finding the perfect match for my skin, im pretty pale and rosey looking. 
After hunting for products to match me these have been what i have been using for a good few months now.

Just for reference, i have pale, oily skin. I also have never used a MAC foundation yet so i can not give a guide using MAC Foundations to help you. 

Everyone raves about this, i know. But i love it too covers everything without looking 'cakey' is easy to blend and last a good while i feel. For the time being ive been using the Real Techniques Stippling Brush to buff into my skin.
This foundation i bought on a whim a while back when there was an offer on with this and the Loreal True Match Foundation (Which is also a fave!) so i thought instead of buying two True Matches, i would try one of these are i love it! Its gives enough coverage to even out my face and cover any blemishes. I would think its a medium coverage and leaves a nice dewy Finish which looks lovely but i know it just wouldn't last with my oily skin. I love using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush which i know everyone and there mother loves and why wouldn't they!! its brill and the flawless finish is amazing, i love it.

This is the last step to my base routine and is the best translucent powder i have found and i've raved about it plenty of times. I prefer a translucent powder as i don't like the idea of adding more colour to my face just because i'm paler than most and don't want to look too stupid. I use the Mineral Powder Foundation Brush from The Body Shop which is another thing i love and have been using for a long time, so much in fact i bought another to put in my 'Safety Bag' - Post Here

If you could recommend a foundation from MAC that is good for oily skin please let me know as i would like to try one. 
xoxo
Share:

6 comments

  1. I absolutely love the Real Technique brushes for applying my makeup :)
    Just discovered your blog through Twitter and i'm your newest follower :)
    Hope you'll stop by and check out my blog too :)

    http://sophiameola.blogspot.co.uk

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought the real technique brushes too :) I prefer them to the MAC brushes!
    www.jennafifi.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have pale, oily skin too. I use True Match too, but I find it doesn't last all day. Have you tried Maybelline 24hr superstay foundation? That's the best one I have found. I recently tried Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell (lightest shade). This is amazing for staying all day, but it broke me out :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenna Fifi
    I love them, haven't had a chance to try MAC brushes yet the price tag puts me off a little!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Vickie
    I find the same thing happens with true match butill definitely be trying those foundations. Thank you for recommending them :)x

    ReplyDelete

© Ashley Rose | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig