Monday, 10 September 2012

YSL False Lash Effect Cream Eyeliner

 This was a bit of an impulse buy, i was given a voucher for Debenhams and i though rather that getting something rubbish i would use it for something a little bit more luxurious that i wouldn't go and buy on a regular basis. After wandering around the store back and forth the stand and with both my hands packed with swatches i settled for the YSL False Lash Effect Cream Eyeliner 

 I've been loving using my brown gel liner and i find i can get a more precise wing using gel liners and a brush, so to me i kind of saw this as an investment as it was £22 but they last a long time and i fell in love with the colour. YSL have created a new range of black cream eyeliners, using the dept of the black combined with shiny subtle colour pigments and have made 6 amazing colours. I really love along with everybody else, the packaging you cant fault it can you!? i wanted to buy something a little more luxurious than normal and Bam! Here i have it!
 (Taken with flash)


I picked up Bronze-Black which has bronze and to me also looks like it has khaki green undertones too which i also love! Using the flash you can see the bronzed shimmer in the liner and the khaki green tones. The swatch i realised didn't do the liner any justice so i added a picture from the weekend of my wearing the liner where you can see the deep bronze/khaki colours. 
I love the application of the liner and the texture. The consistency at the moment felt thicker or tougher (if that makes sense) than the Maybelline ones i use which feel really soft and smooth in the jar. Saying that i don't mean it in a bad way, it applies nicely and you don't have to go over and over the line to get the colour payoff. Its also long lasting and if anything i had a harder time getting off than others i use, nothing to annoying if i'm honest i didn't mind because i knew it was lasting and it hadn't budged from around 7pm to 4am when i removed it. 
So, all in all i love it the consistency, the colour and the longevity. I would defiantly purchase another as the colours were lovely even with the steep price tag!

Do you have any favorite expensive products that were worth their hefty price tag!?
xoxo
Share:

4 comments

  1. I have never seen these before - This colour looks gorgeous and the packaging is just beautiful!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really nice :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, the color is PERFECT on you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have such a soft spot for YSL packaging! I used to by YSL mascara and lipsticks, but stopped a year or so ago... Don't think I actually have a favourite product... If I had to pick, it would be RMS beauty concealer.

    x

    P.S.I am currently hosting a giveaway on my blog and would like to invite you to take part, if you like the prize. See you on the other size. :)

    ReplyDelete

© Ashley Rose | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig