Monday, 7 January 2013

Best of 2012!

Excuse my lateness again..
i found some amazing products during 2012 and once i found them they haven't been put down!
So here are the items i've been loving.


Skin care products have always been an issue for me i have i have oily skin, badly around my nose and my chin. Its annoying, horrible and all the rest of it! i came across the Neutrogena Visibly Clear Skin Grapefruit Face Wash (Which is 2 for £5 at boots) although i'm not a huge fan of Neutrogena i had heard some great things about this particular product and thought i might as well give it ago. So glad i did! not only does it leave my skin feeling amazingly clean and fresh, there is no sign on oiliness. So much that i don't even use a oil free moisturiser before putting my makeup on as just using this leaves a love base and i don't need extra protection, so to speak.

The Body Shop Seaweed Clarifying Toner is another product that is amazing for my skin and this is what i would use before putting my makeup on (until i found Neutrogena). Now its used at night when i take my makeup off, i find it helps to get the last bits of makeup out of my skin as well as the oil. It works a treat and has lasted me so long!


The Body Shop Hand and Nail Cream is an all time favorite of mine and i've been using it for a long time now, so it had to be included! I'm obsessed with anything Almond so this is right up my street. It smells great, is nice to apply and soaks in rather fast which is lovely!




Although the Origins Super Spot Remover is complained about for its hefty price tag (and i was a little shocked myself when i purchased it) this little bottle does the trick and lasts a long time. You definitely only need a small about when using it, even on a bad week when i use it on all of my chin i still only use a small amount. It really does do the trick, it may not get rid of your spot or blemish over night but it reduces the redness and the size by far! Love this.

Can you tell that i'm a Body Shop fan yet?! Aloe Lip Treatment is another huge love of mine. I use this mainly at night before i go to bed as my lip are always chapped and cracked which is terrible really but they have always been this way. Using this at night seem to prepare them for the mornings products.As it is very thick they feel like they have been well moisturised  for the mornings products. 

Collection 2000 (or Collection as we should now be calling it) Extreme Coloured Lengthening Mascara  & Super Size Fat Lash Mascara which are both £2.99 by the way, super bargain! are the best combination i've found. The lengthening mascara coats all the lashes and seems to make them look quite full. Originally this was the only one i used this which was lovely on its own but combined with the Super Size mascara its really does look lovely. The Super Size mascara just fills it out a little more and makes them look nice and long. 

Stila Smudge Stick in Damsel is a great product i use it on my eyelid when i'm not wearing a winged liner and it lasts forever. I also use it for the top part of my water line (What is that called again?) it last for ages, and even when it has worn off a little there's still left over product there.



I've used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush all year, it definitely my favorite. I'm sure everyone knows or has heard of this brush and how wonderful it is, it leaves a lovely flawless finish what ever foundation i leave.

The Body Shop Slanted Kabuki Brush was a brush i picked up a few months back when the winter collection came out. I have there Mineral Kabuki Brush which i love but this is better again its bigger and you don't feel like you need to use as much product as a few swirls in my powder will do all my face as the brush covers more. Also its lovely and soft! 

Bdellium Eyeshadow Brush  has been my favourite for packing on eye shadow this year. It holds a lot of product, is soft but still dense and i use it to soften the edges when i'm only using one eye shadow. 

2012 was the year i braved it and bought an orange lipstick, Topshop Fire Cracker was the first orange i bought which actually i love just as much as MAC Morange. But this is a little brighter and has a lovely finish. I also discovered that i suit orange more than red and it makes my teeth look nicer, Ha!

  Lastly i have loved the Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick's especially 101 the pink shade. Its lovely for everyday, feels lovely on and lasts really well. I picked up shade 107, dark red/plum colour for the Christmas period. Now i have fallen in love with this colour and i'm not to scared to use it anymore!

So, have you found some amazing products this year? Any you can recommend that i might have missed out on? Hopefully this year will be filled with great products for use to try.
xoxo
Share:

2 comments

  1. Lovely favourites. I like the origins super spot remover too! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks 107 & 111 are my favourites :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete

© Ashley Rose | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig