Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss | Review & Swatches

L-R  Glitz and Glam, Chilled, Cocktail Dress

I'll come clean and say, i'm not a lipgloss person, never have been, never will be! Or so i thought. 
I have always suffered with dry lips and wearing lipsticks in the winter look rather awful. After using my Body Shop Aloe lipblam over the top i noticed an amazing difference, this made me think lipgloss may be the way forward; considering dry lips. Many moons ago i watched a video of Zoe, from Zoella and Louise, from sprinkle of glitter purchase the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Chilled it has stuck in my mine how pretty it was ever since. But as usual my local shop Boots and Superdrug never had it in stock so i resulted to the internet When typed the priduct into my search engine, a Ebay advert appeared with a great price. So i ordered 3! Therefore check out Ebay for good deals! (They were new and sealed btw)

To my surprise I've loved them and worn them with most lipstick since, even on their own on a 'none' makeup day. Glitz and Glam, the pink shade is lovely and was purchased obviously to go with pick lipsticks. I've also loved this on its own and it is nicely pigmented enough for my liking. Chilled and Cocktail Dress and very similar, although Cocktail Dress has more shimmer. 
They are not obviously glittery which is nice and you don't feel the chunks on your lips. They aren't sticking (this i was worrying about) and they do feel moisturizing; they last a reasonable amount of time. They have a flat sponge applicator (sorry i forgot to picture this) and there isn't an obvious smell unless you put it right under your nose, then to me there is a sweet toffee kind of smell. To others i have read its smells of plastic, but it is not over powering so i would not let this put your of purchasing. 
Overall i'm impressed and pleased with the product especially since i got them for a good deal! 

I have been converted!
xoxo

Share:

2 comments

  1. These are so pretty! I really want to try out these lip glosses xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so pretty!

    I've nominated you for The Liebster award,see my blog for all the details!:)xx

    http://curlsoffashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

© Ashley Rose | All rights reserved.
Blog Design Handcrafted by pipdig